Friday 15 March 2019

My Accident Story

February 2019
Peter 

I am learning to entertain my audience through a recount

Have you ever fallen down and landed on your back, not knowing how you fell off? Of course, all of you have! Before the sun was even up, we woke up early because we were going to my uncle’s house all the way doooooooooown in Hamilton. We got changed, packed up some pillows, blankets and then we were off. When I got there, I was really tired and the first thing I saw was the AWESOME house, but then came the second thing … the TV. It was playing Mamma Mia.

So a few hours later or an eternity for me at least, we went for a picnic. We ate food, chased ducks, and 
ate cake. I could see out the corner of my eyes the teenagers looking so smug with all their tricks on their skateboards. I wanted to look as smug as them , so I asked them if I could have a go. I was trying so hard not to show that I was scared on the skateboard, but inside I was wondering what had I gotten myself into.

Building up my confidence I was ‘Grinding’ and Chilling’ looking very smug at this stage. I felt like a Pro and decided I had to go faster and really show those teenagers. But then the ‘Crasher’ my cousin had entered the stage. He had wanted to crash my performance. He took out the flaming skateboard of doom and challenged me to a duel. I had not choice but to accept. I got ready… One, Two, Three! Foot on the skateboard, foot on the ground, pushing harder for more friction, then…Crash!

I fell off the skateboard, dropping backwards, losing all control. My whole body ached in pain, my hands hurt, my back hurt, everywhere hurt. However my cousin on the other hand. was ok though. The only thing he said was …”YEET.” Walking off in shame I grabbed some cake, Doritos, Mountain Dew and lots of blueberries to help me feel better while I sat there in pain. But I still “Grind” to this day.

No comments:

Post a Comment